Read original article HERE
Ready to add some killer Instagram hacks to your social arsenal?
Add line breaks to your captions, hide hashtags in your stories, and respond to DMs in just two taps — our Instagram hacks will help you work faster and smarter!
We’re revealing 33 of the best Instagram hacks to help you get more from your Instagram marketing:
Instagram Hacks for Creating Cool Instagram Profiles:
Think of your Instagram profile and bio as your elevator pitch — you want to let new followers know exactly who you are and what you do within seconds.
So a well laid out profile is key to leaving a lasting impression!
Here are our top hacks for creating cool Instagram profiles and bios that help you stand out from the crowd:
Instagram Hacks #1: Add Line Breaks to Your Bio
Have you been trying to write a pitch-perfect Instagram bio but you’re getting frustrated because Instagram removes your line breaks?
This is a quick-fix that could make a huge difference to your bio — and leave visitors with a great first impression!
And all it takes is signing into Instagram from your laptop!
How to add line breaks to your Instagram bio:
- Go to Instagram.com on your laptop and sign in to your account
- From your profile page, tap “Edit Profile”
- This will open the settings tab where you can write your bio directly into the text box!
- Click “Submit” when you’re finished editing your bio and it will update your profile — all line breaks included!
Instagram Hacks #2: Link to Other Profiles or Hashtags in Your Bio
Did you know that you can now add clickable text in your bio?
So now when you include a # or @ before a word or account, other users will be able to click it to learn more!
This could be really useful if you’re managing more than one account for your brand, or if you’re running a branded hashtag campaign.
For example, online clothing store, @ASOS, does this well as they link from their bio to their Instagram profiles dedicated to health and beauty and sneakers. They also link to their #AsSeenOnMe hashtag which has over 1.1 million tagged posts!
How link to other profiles or hashtags in your bio:
- From your Instagram Profile page, tap “Edit Profile”
- In the bio section, add any Instagram handles (including the @ symbol) or any hashtags (using the # symbol)
- Tap “Done” in the top right of the screen when you’re finished with your bio
- Instagram will automatically make this text link to the Instagram profiles or hashtags
Instagram Hacks #3: Find the Right Alignment for Your Bio
There are a few ways to make your Instagram bio standout, and getting the right alignment or spacing for your bio could make all the difference.
This one might take some trial and error to get right, but the results will be an eye-catching bio that really stands out!
Remember: You only have 150 characters for your Instagram bio, so be careful to not compromise on your brand messaging to get your alignment right.
How to change the alignment or add spaces to your Instagram bio:
- Open your Instagram account in a web browser. (This Instagram hack can be done in the mobile app, but it’s a lot easier in the desktop version)
- Copy the space between the arrows (make sure you’re copying the space between the arrows, not the arrows themselves!): >>⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀<<
- Tap the “Edit Your Profile” button from your profile page on Instagram
- Navigate to the “Bio” text field and paste the spaces you copied above before each line of text. If your text isn’t perfectly centered, you can always add or delete spaces until you achieve the perfect alignment!
Instagram Hacks #4: Add Special Characters to Your Bio Name or Caption
Ever wondered how some Instagram profiles have these cute special characters like sun, stars, and pencils in their Instagram bios?
Believe it or not, these are the original emojis you can find in your word processing programs like Word or Google Docs!
Here’s how to use special characters in your Instagram bio using Microsoft Word:
- Open a Word document
- Start typing your bio and where you would like to place a special character go to “Insert,” and “Advanced Symbol”
- Here you can browse for symbols you’d like to include, like zodiac signs or arrows. Wingdings, Wingdings 2, and Wingdings 3 from the drop-down menu have the most icons to choose from
- Add the icons where you would like them in your bio
- Open your Instagram account on your desktop and go to “Edit Profile”
- Copy and paste your bio from the Word document to your Instagram bio and tap “Done” when you’re finished.
Instagram Hacks #5: Appear in More Search Results on the Explore Page
Did you know that the “Name” field in your Instagram bio is searchable?
That means that you can change it to words that highlights what your Instagram profile or business is about.
By including important keywords in your Name field, your chances of appearing in Instagram’s Explore page if anyone searches for those keywords will be much higher!
Instagram Hacks #6: Turn Your Instagram Feed into a Shoppable Webpage
If you’re getting frustrated by not being able to link out from Instagram, you’re not alone!
With Later, you can create a shoppable website that looks just like your Instagram profile, but with one key difference — every image contains a link.
These links can go anywhere you like — to your blog, your business website, or any other sites you think your readers will be interested in!
With our new Shopify integration, you can easily connect your store to Later and tag your products in Linkin.bio posts!
You can even track engagement and click rates with Later’s analytics.
How to appear in more search results on the Explore Page:
- Tap on “Edit Profile” on the top right of your Instagram profile
- Under your profile picture, you’ll find the “Name” field. Change the text here to include your keywords
- Once finished, tap “Done” on the top right corner of your screen
Instagram Hacks #7: Reorder Your Instagram Stories Highlights
Think of your Instagram Stories Highlights as your brand’s lookbook or portfolio — you want to share your best content upfront and center on your profile page!
On your Instagram profile, there’s prime real estate for 4 Instagram Stories Highlights above you grid, and you want to make sure you’re always optimizing that space and showing off your best highlights.
But as you release a new highlight, your existing highlights are shifted to the right and users may need to scroll to find them.
So getting the order right on your Instagram Stories Highlights is super important if you want to entice your audience to tap through your highlights.
Thankfully, there’s a trick to always having your best highlights at the front and in this top 4 spot!
How to reorder your Instagram Stories Highlights:
- Tap and hold the Instagram Stories Highlight you want to bring to the front of your Highlights list.
- From here, select “Edit Highlight”
- Then tap the “Archive” tab to access all of your archived Instagram Stories
- Tap to add an Instagram story to your highlight and click done.
- This will move your highlight to the front of our highlights thread.
- Then you’ll need to repeat the steps above, but unselect the story you just added to remove it from your highlight
This process will take less than 60 seconds, so it’s super unlikely anyone will catch this super quick hack in action.
But the benefits really pay off as your best highlights are the first ones to appear on your page!
Instagram Hacks #8: Change Highlights Icons Without Ever Publishing Them
Your Instagram Stories Icons help draw in your audience and entice them the tap through to see more of your stories posts.
So you want to make sure that your highlights not only match your overall Instagram aesthetic but also let your audience know what your highlight is about!
Now, you can update your Instagram Stories Highlights cover without ever posting the cover your Instagram Stories!
Here’s how to do it:
- Tap and hold down the Instagram Stories Highlight you want to change the cover of
- Then tap “Edit Cover” at the top of the page
- Scroll all the way to the right until you see the image icon appear. Then tap this icon to access your camera roll.
- Now you can select any image to use as your cover icon and it doesn’t need to be published to your stories or added to your highlights reel!
This can be particularly helpful if you’re using cute icons as your Instagram Highlights covers!
Looking to upgrade your Instagram Stories Highlights covers? Now you can download Later’s free icon pack with 36 different covers and 12 unique icons! Sign up below and we’ll send them straight to your inbox: