April is National Rosacea Awareness Month and we wanted to bring you a follow up to our What is Rosacea and How to identify the Symptoms post from last week. In this post we offer some rosacea treatment advice and tips for controlling rosacea.
Rosacea Treatment Advice
If you are suffering from Rosacea, you want to get it treated right away. While treatment is not completely available, there are things to help manage the symptoms. Look into these Rosacea treatments:
- Skin Cream – Skin cream is one of the most popular treatments available. The creams usually include a medication to reduce the puffiness and red coloring.
- Eye Drops – If you get the dry eyes or poor vision, eye drops can help by moisturizing the eyes. Some prescription eye drops even have steroids in them.
- Laser Treatment – Lasers can be used to reduce the visibility of the burst blood vessels in a targeted area. It is also virtually pain free.
Tips For Controlling Rosacea
If you have Rosacea, there are things you can do at home to manage your symptoms.
- Moisturize – Many cases of Rosacea involve dry skin, so you’ll want to moisturize often. You should keep moisturizer with you in your bag at all times. You can also try moisturizer with a tint to help mask the redness.
- Stay out of sun – The sun can dry out the skin, so you want to avoid it as much as possible. Wear sunscreen and hats.
- Avoid makeup that clogs the skin – Rosacea can make your pores larger. That means makeup will clog your pores and create even more skin problems.
During National Rosacea Awareness Month, don’t be afraid to talk to your friends about your condition. You can also talk about your treatment journey with other people to learn what works and doesn’t work. While there may not be a cure per se, we can manage the condition.