GSVlabs just wrapped up another successful Pioneer Pitch Night which showcased exceptional Black founded startups, including winner SYRG and People’s Choice Award Winner, ShearShare. Guest speaker Carlos Watson, founder and CEO of OZY Media, reflected on some of the most important interviews of his career, including Barack Obama, Jameela Jamil, and Karen Bass, highlighting the urgent need for diversity in tech to promote both equality and success.
At GSVlabs, they are inspired by these passionate entrepreneurs, and are committed to driving innovation through diversity and equality for all people. This year they launched the Passport Scholarship for Black Founders program in partnership with organizations that are committed to improving economic opportunities for underrepresented Black Founders. If you would like to find out more about the program and partnership opportunities reach out to them here.
- Curastory is the first platform for NCAA student athletes and more, to create, monetize and own their video content
- Evolute enables enterprise IT to go where the cloud can’t go
- Nēdl is revitalizing radio with natural language processing
- Patientory empowers end users with a secure platform to manage and transfer their health data
- remodlemate is expediting luxury bathroom renovations
- ShearShare is providing a solution for salon and barbershops displaced by Covid
- SYRG brings technology to hourly workspaces to make operations more efficient, compliant, and human.
- WearWorks is revolutionizing navigation for the blind
Passport Weekly delivers the best curated startup advice & insights from the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Register to Passport here for regular updates.