Now experiencing our most rapid growth to date, ShearShare needs an Android Software Engineer. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join us to help create new features for the ShearShare community and manage our mobile app infrastructure. As we continue to expand and add new products, you will completely own your product and be empowered to make major architectural decisions that go with releasing any product. Our Android implementation is fully native and focuses on performance, usability, and code quality.
- Manage the front-end development of the ShearShare Android application
- Work iteratively with product, design, backend, QA team members to build amazing product
- Build a product that is revolutionizing an entire industry!
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering OR related field
- 4+ years in software development or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience creating and publishing successful apps to Android app stores (such as Google Play Store or Amazon App Store)
- Thorough understanding of core Android concepts
- Experience building apps compatible with the latest Android OS versions
- Experience optimizing, refactoring, and debugging views and layout hierarchies
- Experience in creating UIs using custom themes, styles, attributes, and resources
- Understanding of RESTful API interaction and JSON
- Git or other source control management
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to discuss and debate, as well as give and take support and challenges in a team environment
- Working understanding of agile development process
- Attention to detail
Nice To Have:
- A keen eye for design
- Experience participating in performance optimization exercises
- Experience integrating various third-party services like Stripe, etc.
- An uber-positive mindset and hard work ethic
ShearShare is the #1 app for salon and barbershop space rental. We currently have the largest database of on-demand salon and barbershop space rentals and the most affordable leases in the market.
Founded by Dr. Tye and Courtney Caldwell, ShearShare is a passion-driven organization that has rapidly grown to 900+ cities and is used by thousands of stylists worldwide. We are passionate about small businesses in our industry.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Hours