In 2022, the number of Instagram users rose to 1.28 billion. Looking forward, the number of Instagram users worldwide is set to continue rising. The data shows that it’s predicted to increase by 50 million in 2024, to 1.4 billion.
Finding new ways to interact with your followers on Instagram doesn’t have to be a challenge. It’s all about getting creative and experimenting with new features – such as adding stickers to your Instagram Stories or posting more off-the-cuff video content.
Here are some effective ways to increase engagement on the platform:
- Post Stickers on Instagram Stories: It takes two seconds but can generate more views. So just do it. #trustus
- Use Hashtags: Hashtags are a great way to make your posts discoverable to new audiences. Use relevant hashtags like #atlhairstylist or #dallasnailtech in your posts and Stories to increase visibility.
- Engage with Your Followers: Respond to comments and direct messages from your followers. This helps build relationships with your audience and encourages them to engage with your content.
- Utilize Instagram Stories: Instagram Stories are a great way to showcase your personality and provide a behind-the-scenes look at your brand. Estheticians are doing a great job of this and allowing future clients to get a sneak peek of what to expect when they book. Also use features like polls, quizzes, and questions to encourage engagement.
- Host Giveaways and Contests: Giveaways and contests are a great way to increase engagement on Instagram. Ask followers to tag friends or share your post to enter and offer a prize, like a 30% discount off their first appointment!
- Collaborate with Other Brands or Influencers: Collaborating with other brands or influencers in the industry can expose your content to new audiences and increase engagement. We’ve seen much success with nail technicians lately as they build collabs with other nail techs.
- Use Instagram Reels: Take advantage of these short, engaging videos that can help increase your reach and engagement on the platform. Definitely use trending sounds and hashtags to increase visibility. And don’t forget to tag #fyp!
- Share user-generated content: Sharing content actually created by your clients can help turn into more eyeballs for YOU.
- Analyze your results: You can’t manage what you can’t measure, so use Instagram’s built-in analytics to track your engagement. If something is working, keep doing it. If something falls flat, try something new! Adjust your strategy accordingly.
Remember, the key to increasing engagement on Instagram is to create valuable and engaging content that resonates with your audience–both your current clientele and your prospective clients.